Hermite de la Chaussée-dAntin TOME I (French Edition)
You may send this item to up to five recipients.
- Crying Blood (Till The End Of Days Book 1).
- Confessions of A Body Builder - Rejuvenating the Body with Spirulina, Chlorella, Raw Foods & Ionized Water?
- Le Cercle rouge (French Edition)!
- Key facts for AS Applied Science (Key revision guides)!
The name field is required. Please enter your name.
The E-mail message field is required. Please enter the message.
Please verify that you are not a robot. Would you also like to submit a review for this item?
- Etienne de Jouy - L'hermite de la Chaussée d'Antin - 5 volumes - / - Catawiki?
- Encyclopædia Britannica/Jouy, Victor Joseph Étienne de - Wikisource, the free online library;
- The Bhagavad-Gita: The Song of God (Mentor Series).
- A WINTER IN ARMENIA;
- Victor Joseph Étienne de Jouy (Author of Sylla, a Tragedy. Transl);
- Collective Responsibility: Five Decades of Debate in Theoretical and Applied Ethics (Studies in Social, Political, and Legal Philosophy)!
You already recently rated this item. Your rating has been recorded.
Write a review Rate this item: 1 2 3 4 5. Preview this item Preview this item.
- Navigation menu.
- Bestselling Series.
- POWER walk through the Holy Spirit.
- L'Hermite de La Chauss E-D'Antin : Etienne De Jouy : !
- An odessey to the south.
- The Gym (The Dani Harris Adventures);
Subjects France -- Social life and customs. Manners and customs.
More like this Similar Items. Allow this favorite library to be seen by others Keep this favorite library private.
The Paris Spectator: Or, L'hermite de la Chaussée-d'Antin ..., Volume 2
Find a copy in the library Finding libraries that hold this item Reviews User-contributed reviews Add a review and share your thoughts with other readers. I London p. Hidden categories: Webarchive template wayback links Commons category link is on Wikidata France articles missing geocoordinate data All articles needing coordinates. Namespaces Article Talk. Views Read Edit View history. Eighteen monarchs, and the greatest ministers in their different reigns, have devoted their utmost attention to its augmentation; but it was only in that it assumed a national grandeur and consistency, and was properly endowed in an establishment peculiar to itself, at the ancient Hotel de Nevers, afterwards the Hotel de la Banque Royale.
This vast edifice, which preserves a fine and tasteful style of architecture in its extreme simplicity, presents no exterior to the Rue de Richelieu, except high walls, pierced at considerable distances with plain windows, resembling the principal gate, and destitute of ornament of every kind. Viewed from the court, the appearance of the building, in the form of a parallelogram, is neither deficient in grandeur, nor even in that species of elegance which in architecture results from the general regularity and correspondence of the parts.
Persons who look for conformity in every thing, would remark that the bronze model of the Diana of Houdon, is not suited to the centre of this court, where we might expect to find some allegorical group of an order more severe. A fine staircase leads to the upper rooms, where the printed books and cabinet of medals are kept.
ihosaxupoxyd.tk: l hermite de la chaussee d antin ou observations sur les moeurs et les usages fr
We experience something of a religious awe on entering this sort of Pantheon, in which so many altars are raised to unknown gods. The most profound silence reigns under the learned roof; it is only broken by the footsteps of the attendants, who traverse the galleries to fetch the books which are asked for, and by the scientific rustling of the folio leaves, which ruffle the air as they are turned over by the finger of the reader.
The frequenters of the library are divided into two very distinct classes, the curious and the laborious.